Restless Development is looking for new Youth Stop AIDS Group Leaders to lead our network at the local level by establishing and coordinating new university societies or local groups in the UK.
So if you’re passionate about global health, fighting injustice and want to be a leader in our movement to end AIDS –then keep reading!
What do we expect of Leaders?
- To volunteer at least 2 hours per week to Youth Stop AIDS (on average, of course you could spend more time!)
- Take action locally! We’ll support you to recruit new members, take direct action, spread the word, hold events, lobby and fundraise
- Get involved in national events and activities, from online actions to hosting the Youth Stop AIDS Speaker Tour
What support will you get?
- Training, including Group Leaders Training and the Youth Stop AIDS Big Weekend
- A Youth Stop AIDS Group Leaders Handbook supporting you to make an impact with your group
- Campaign materials and resources such as social media graphics, press releases and briefings
- Campaign updates and information via the Youth Stop AIDS Network Facebook Group and page
- Ongoing one-to-one support (phone calls, WhatsApp, emails) from the National Coordinator and Youth Stop AIDS Steering Committee
What else do you get from being a Leader?
- Contribute to positive local and global change
- Learn about HIV and AIDS, International Development and campaign strategy and tactics
- Build your skills in event management, group facilitation, influencing and lobbying, social media and public speaking
- Be part of an exciting movement of campaigners across the UK
Based in the UK and ready to take action?!Complete this form and we’ll Harriet the Youth Stop AIDs coordinator will be in touch. If you have any questions, you can reach her on email@example.com.